From waterparks and celebrity chef restaurants to coral reefs and colonial forts, Bahamas holidays have something for everyone. With over 700 islands and 2400 cays to choose from, The Bahamas offer a tropical buffet of adventure and relaxation perfect for families, couples and friends alike.
The Bahamas Highlights
The quintessential island paradise full of fun and discovery
- Perfect for exotic family holidays and romantic getaways
- Great for water sports and tropical beach holidays
- Scuba dive and snorkel around reefs and shipwrecks
- Step back in time and explore the islands’ colonial past
- Enjoy high-end shopping, restaurants and bars
- Relax with laidback Calypso, Soca and Rake ‘n’ Scrape rhythms
What to expect in The Bahamas :
Named after the shallow, warm seas that surround the islands, The Bahamas are perfect for diving, snorkelling and water sports. There are 20 diving hotspots close to our all-inclusive Bahamas holiday resort alone, including stunning shipwrecks and coral reefs where you and your family can swim alongside friendly sharks and tropical fish.
Life is slower on the “out islands”, perfect for kiteboarding, kayaking or relaxing in a hammock. Take a wild dolphins boat tour, see the pink sands of Harbour Island, or attend a local Fish Fry and savour jerk chicken wings and cracked conch while enjoying the sounds of the Calypso band. Or simply play with the kids in the turquoise sea for an unforgettable Bahamas family holiday.
- Currency: US dollar / Bahamian dollar
- Best time to visit: Nov-April
- Well known for: Paradise island - Coral archipelago - Barrier reef
- Languages: English
Our Resort in The Bahamas
Sample the Bahamas' wonderful culture and unwind in our vivacious, Caribbean all inclusive family resorts. Our luxury all inclusive Bahamas holidays are completely hassle-free and are perfect for all the family, all year round. From beach holidays on the coast, to activity holidays on the Columbus Isle, our Bahamas holiday resorts have it all. Browse our all-inclusive Bahamas holidays & get yourself ready for a sunny all inclusive Caribbean Holiday!
Embrace authentic, slow living and bask in the breathtaking natural beauty of the Bahamas. Expanding across 89 acres, Club Med Columbus offers a surreal, secluded stay with boundless white sand beaches alongside infinite blue water. Settle into brightly colored bungalows and begin your escape filled with explorations on land, adventures above and below sea, wellness experiences, and leisure activities. There are no limits to your stay with delightful culinary experiences including healthy options and the freshest seafood, Club Med Spa by Sothys, and island activities and excursions. Disconnect and reset on this exotic retreat, with endless experiences that will become cherished memories
The Bahamas Weather
Monthly weather averages in the Bahamas
The northern islands of the Bahamas enjoy a subtropical climate with hot, wet summers and warm, dry winters. Meanwhile, the southern islands boast a spectacular tropical climate with year-round heat and sunshine. Sea temperatures here are very pleasant, perfect for floating in the sunshine or dipping your toes while you enjoy a fruity cocktail.
The best time to travel to the Bahamas is between December and April when the weather is warm and dry, with average highs between 25°C and 27°C.
Discover The Bahamas
To discover in the Bahamas :
From island to island, escape for an all-inclusive stay in the Bahamas, landscapes of the most beautiful romances. A small corner of paradise between Florida and Cuba, the archipelago is a dream come true for lovers of the sea.
- In the Berry Islands, after basking in the sun, dive off Mamma Rhoda Rock. About fifty species of exotic fishes find refuge in this shallow reef.
- Continue this idyllic experience on Gold Rock Beach. In the heart of Lucayan National Park, accessible by boat from your Club Med Colombus Isle Resort, the shoreline stretches as far as the eye can see: you're alone in the world.
This nature amazed the first explorers. On San Salvador Island, follow in the footsteps of Christopher Columbus.
- About ten minutes from your Club Med Colombus Isle Resort, a cross marks the exact spot where the famous navigator landed in 1492...
- The history of the Bahamas is also written with the Parliament Square. Facing the multicolored spectacle of its pink and green facades, you can admire the neoclassical Georgian architecture of Nassau.
- Just 10 minutes from Parliament Square, on Paradise Island, discover the marine heritage during your all-inclusive stay in the Bahamas. The Marine Habitat is one of the largest aquariums in the world and is part of an entertainment complex.
Attracted by the underwater scenery, continue your immersion in the world of silence:
- you have an appointment with the mysteries of the blue hole of Dean. A huge vertical abyss, it goes down to 202m. The sensation of emptiness is dizzying and the experience will remain engraved in your memories.
- After these emotions, give way to sweet emotions and join Cat Island. This island of tranquility is home to a sparkling and surprising beach of pink sand; a total escape in a landscape tinged with romanticism!